1
Vendetta Online MMO Receives Update with Linux Performance Improvementsview story

http://spd.rss.ac – Vendetta Online is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game)  developed and published by Guild Software Inc. for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. The developers have released a major update for it and user should find some very interesting changes and new features. There aren't too many MMOs for Linux and the ones set in space are even fewer. (IT news)

1
Parsix OS Is an Interesting GNOME and Debian 7.0 "Whezzy" Blendview story

http://spd.rss.ac – The Parsix 7.0 final version is still a long way off and the developers have just released a new development iteration of the system, simply titled Test 3. The Parsix operating system uses only the GNOME and Debian packages from the stable branches. The developers aim to provide a complete and bug free Linux distribution, at least as much as humanly possible. (IT news)

1
Infected Flight Wins The Disrupt Europe 2014 Hackathon Grand Prize, Appilepsy And Seeusoon Are Runners Upview story

http://techcrunch.com –  It doesn’t get more exciting than this. Yesterday, we welcomed hundreds of hackers at Old Billingsgate in London for the Disrupt Europe Hackathon. They all have worked tirelessly for the past 24 hours in an awesome dungeon-like venue to come up with a neat, funny and smart hack. (IT news)

1
Passage Replaces Your Passwords With Imagesview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Passage, from the Edinburgh-based team behind Peekabu, replaces your passwords with images. So instead of typing in a password, you simply hold a previously registered image up to your screen — maybe a photo of your family you have on your desk or your driver’s license. (IT news)

1
Movie Nights Lets You And Your Friends Find And Agree On A Film To Watchview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Trying to figure out what film I want to watch at home from the thousands I can pick on various VOD services is a pain. The only thing more annoying is trying to find one that my husband and I can both agree we want to watch (love you, Marc). (IT news)

1
With Laplock, You Get A Text Message When Somebody Unplugs Your Laptopview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Fresh off the hackathon dungeon, Laplock is a nifty little app developed at our TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon in London. Martin Saint-Macary and Ivan Maeder worked tirelessly for the past 24 hours to build an easy-to-use software lock for your Mac. Here’s how it works. At heart, Laplock is a menubar app for your Mac. (IT news)

1
Watch The Disrupt: London Hackathon Judging Live Stream Right Here!view story

http://techcrunch.com –  I’m tired and I didn’t do anything. After coding for 24 hours, the participants of the first TechCrunch Disrupt: London hackathon will now present their creations on the massive Disrupt stage. From developer geek to investor chic, these judges are ready for anything and will assess hackathon participants on a scale of technical difficulty, usability, usefulness and creativity. (IT news)

1
Andrei Cherny’s ‘Aspiration’ Brings The Investment Tools Of The 1% To The Other 99%view story

http://techcrunch.com –  At 39 years old, Andrey Cherny has advised presidents, consulted with Fortune 100 companies, worked as a state prosecutor, served as a Naval reserve officer, founded a think tank and policy journal, and written a couple of books. Now he’s adding entrepreneur to the list with the launch of Aspiration Partners LLC. Read More (IT news)

1
Inside The Spotify – Echo Nest Music Skunkworksview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Truffle Pig is just one of the new musical inventions dreamed up at the sonic skunkworks born from Spotify’s $100 million acquisition of The Echo Nest. (IT news)

1
Pizza, Beer, Glory, And The All-Night London Hackathonview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Here in London, the Disrupt Europe hackathon is racing towards its conclusion, with its participants all prepping their presentations for judging later today. Last night, however, around midnight, fueled by a recent infusion of pizza and beer, TechCrunch went around to ask a few questions and cause a little mayhem. (IT news)

1
Iranian Users Petition Microsoft For Greater Windows Supportview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system preview has attracted more than 1 million testers to date, and tens upon tens of thousands of votes on its user forums. (IT news)

1
Travel, Retail And Media Are 3 Industries Taking Over The App Storeview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Mobile apps have come a long way since Apple launched the App Store in 2006, with over 5 million apps available across the leading app stores. While many factors have contributed to the growth, the ability to reach a global audience with a relatively small upfront investment has certainly been a significant contributor. (IT news)