Since an OpenVZ container does not boot its own kernel, just exclude all kernel related rpms. [by gerald_clark]
Seem to have an error when updating the kernel on a OpenVZ server
when running "yum update" im getting the below
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.steadfast.net
* extras: mirror.steadfast.net
* openvz-kernel-rhel6: download.openvz.org
* openvz-utils: download.openvz.org
* soluslabs: mirror.us1.soluslabs.net
* updates: mirror.steadfast.
Is it possible to enable IP forwarding inside an OpenVZ container but keep it disabled in host system?
I understand that OpenVZ containers and host share kernels, but I can use sysctl to set ip_forward to 1 or 0 separately from inside container and from host, they retains those values as well.