the remote printer appears in cups but if I try to do a test page i get a page not found error. it even says ready under yast printers.
it is set up on a remote desktop using cups>:(
on 01/12/2010 – Made popular on 01/12/2010
I do not have a solution to your problem but I would suggest to point a browser to 127.0.0.1:631 and configure CUPS from that. You will inteact directly with CUPS and it is better for debugging. Now can you see your printer from there?
I am pretty much a newbie. I got cups to remote print to an ipad 2 and windows xp then I was trying to fix an error in terminal files got deleted now I can only print from my desktop which the printer is connected to. I tried to do what I had done before but no go. I dont remember it being too hard to do the first time I tried doing the same thing like I said but no go. Please need help.
I have installed the new cups 1.6.2 packages and the good news is that printer recognition and sharing of local and remote printers now works.Although:-If I setup the remote printers on both PC's from their address as is found automatically.ie.Printer.1 "local" hp:/usb/psc_1300_seriesPrinter.2 "remote" dnssd://Stylus%20Photo%20830U%20%40%20Chakra-p
Hi all, I am able to connect to the cups server of my university and the printers are all displayed in the printing settings app. I can print a test page on any of the printers from there. But when i try to print any document,image etc no printer comes up on the screen.
I've been trying to get my LP 2844-Z shipping label printer (Z means that it uses the ZPL language) to work with two machines, one with Snow Leopard, and one with Mountain Lion.* Ubuntu should use the same CUPS (Common Unix Printing System), which is why I'm posting here.
Hi Everyone,I have a huge problem and I have problems to solve it :S...I've been used to install cups and hplip for my printer, then start cups (rc.d start cups) and go to the cups page at localhost, add printer.... But today, when I tried to print a file he fails saying ""/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster failed"...