[ubuntu] Problem in changing Chrome default search engine

view full story

http://ubuntuforums.org – When I search via Chrome or Chromium's address bar (omnibox) I'm directed to Google Philippines with the navigation in Filipino (see Pic1). I can't comprehend formal Filipino well compared to English so it's irritating that I have to type google.com first, change it to Google English then do my search. I did some googling but the usual steps of editing the url in the settings (see Pic2) isn't working. I can't edit it and if I add a new Google search engine it cannot be used as default. I was thinking it's more of an Ubuntu problem because based on the solutions posted it worked for some fol (Hardware)