[ubuntu] Lost network devices after 12.10 upgrade on Alienware m11x

view full story

http://ubuntuforums.org – I have had 12.10 installed on my Alienware m11x r3 laptop for a while. Works great, after I installed BumbleBee, until today when I did an upgrade. I was connected on a wireless network. It was several months since I used Ubuntu on the laptop (I've been absent for a while) so I had a lot of updates to apply. I marked the upgrades in Synaptic because I also wanted to install the Evolution communication suite. At first, the downloads were going great downloading at 2 MB per second or faster. Then, it was going slower and slower. Eventually, I was down to 40 kB/s. Then nothing was downloading (Hardware)