Can any body help me how to upgrade Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS to Ubuntu Server 13.10 without any data or installed application failures. I tried to boot the Server using Ubuntu 13.10 USB Stick, during the installation process i have seen asking host name and ip address so i came out in the middle thinking that it will completely formate and reinstalls wiping all.
I was upgrading 13.04 to 13.10.And suddenly it hanged and upper part of the screen went black.
So I stopped the upgradation and unfortunately I forcefully shutdown.But its already upgraded to 13.10(I feel upgradation is not complete though)
The desktop flickers now and sometimes the screen turns black.
Sound stopped.No sound output detected in sound settings.And the shutdown button also
I am using ubuntu 10.04LTS and getting upgradation notice from update manager. Can anybody please indicate how much data is downloaded for the process?
Is there any way I can back up the existing installed programs along with add-ons or plugins and do a live CD installation and reinstall the previous programs, rather than upgrading directly from 10.04 to 12.04?
When i tried to upgrade, the following msg appears and the upgradation stopes. Please help.
Failed to fetch
404 Not Found [IP: xxx.xx.xxx.xx xx]
We have a Domain controller in server 2008 Enterprise and Additional DC in server 2003 R2. Now I need to upgrade Additional Domain controller to Server 2008 Enterprise and raise the domain functional level to 2008. The DC is running with Active Directory, DNS and DHCP. The server is installed in VMware ESXi 4.0. Please guide me to carry out the upgradation.
I installed Ubuntu and after completing the steps at the website and rebooting my computer shows a menu to choose between Ubuntu and windows 7.
When I choose Ubuntu it shows that it is completing installation and a dialogue box appears which shows the status of "copying files..." and then after a few seconds it shows "almost finished copying files" and it remains like that.
Not sure whether the problem described here is related with Unix or is it with Oracle Installation. Here is the description of the issue:
A new Unix server is setup as a part of Unix and Oracle upgradation activity for one of the Application, I work on.
One strange thing is happening while running the processes on the new server from CRON file.