i received an email telling me that someone from my server attacked postfix on another server. So far, i cannot figure out which account or which script is sending emails. When i look at Mail Queue Manager i see a lot of emails in queue.
I use Postfix with virtual mailbox and Maildrop for the transport agent. All my emails are delivered to the folder /home/vmail/domain.tld/user/. Today I noticed that emails sent to non-existent addresses are delivered to the file /home/vmail/domain.tld/user.
I have a mail server that periodically connects to the Internet via modem dialup and before was able to send emails with attachments of 300kb and 500kb in just only 1 or 2 minutes, I have not made any change in postifx and now I take longer than normal to out postifix queue, sometimes it took more than 10 min to deliver an email of just 300kb, if this is in queue with others mails containing onl
We have an Ubuntu 10.04 server that acts as an email server for several domains. Everything was working just fine up until we updated it with the latest updates. We suspect it has to do something with the updates, as the date and time it stopped working really corresponds to that of the update.
Since then, Postfix can no longer receive not send emails.