1

The Plight of the Android App Wallflowers

view story
linux-howto

http://www.linuxinsider.com – Android device users spend more time on their apps than on the mobile Web, and the top 10 apps account for 43 percent of that time, according to Nielsen. When the top 50 Android apps are considered, they account for 61 percent of the time Android device users spend on apps. That means the rest of the nearly 250,000 Android apps available have to compete for the remaining 39 percent of users' time spent on apps. Does this mean creators of the less popular apps aren't making any money at all? Is there no long tail in the Android ecosystem? And how does this compare to Apple's iOS app ecosyst (General)