Today, July 3, The Document Foundation (TDF) announced in a press release that the famous AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) company joined its Advisory Board, in order to accelerate the development of the LibreOffice open source office suite.
A couple of days ago, The Document Foundation announced the formation of the LibreOffice Advisory Board. The function of the LibreOffice Advisory Board will be to provide The Document Foundation with advice, guidance and proposals.
AMD, the giant CPU and GPU manufacturer, is now a member of the Open Office Foundations advisory board, the organization behind LibreOffice. This was announced by the Open Office Foundation in a press release on Wednesday. AMD is planning to make an impact immediately by using its expertise to help optimize the LibreOffice spreadsheet app for GPUs.
The Document Foundation has announced that the final version of LibreOffice 4.2.6 is now available for download. The developers from The Document Foundation have released a new stable build in the 4.2.x version of LibreOffice, just a few days after the main branch of the suite, 4.3, made its grand appearance.
I've been hoping to see this headline for some time now. At the first LibreOffice Conference, the Document Foundation announced its plans to migrate LibreOffice to mobile devices. The plan didn't include a total rewrite of the code, but repurposing at least 90% of the current code base. That meant the majority of the work was already done. That last remaining 10%?
In the LibreOffice 4.2 release, work has been done to improve import/export filters, including better support for Microsoft document file formats as well as Apple's Keynote presentation format. In this slide show, eWEEK takes a look at the features of the new LibreOffice 4.2 release.
I'll describe my recent success with adding watermarks to a document. As often happens when I want to do a quick document or need to work on a .doc file, I turned to LibreOffice for this task. The major part of this post, then, will be occupied with how to add watermarks to documents created in or edited with LibreOffice/OpenOffice.