6

Improving TCP performance over a gigabit network with lots of connections and high traffic of small packets

view full story
linux-howto

http://askubuntu.com – I’m trying to improve my TCP throughput over a “gigabit network with lots of connections and high traffic of small packets”. My server OS is Ubuntu 11.10 Server 64bit. There are about 50.000 (and growing) clients connected to my server through TCP Sockets (all on the same port). 95% of of my packets have size of 1-150 bytes (TCP header and payload). The rest 5% vary from 150 up to 4096+ bytes. With the config below my server can handle traffic up to 30 Mbps (full duplex). Can you please advice best practice to tune OS for my needs? My /etc/sysctl.cong looks like this: kernel.pid_m (HowTos)