It's kind of a long shot since my installation of LibreOffice outputs few debug messages, but you could try running it from the terminal and see if any output shows up that could shed light on the problem.
So it turns out, I had xmonad.hs as ~/.xmonad.hs not ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs... Pretty embarassing. But I'll resist the temptation to delete the thread in hopes someone gets a chuckle out of it. In my defence, I did figure it out all on my own.
I've been trying to isolate the problem, and I think it has to do with gvfs-smb.I am able to access shares via smbclient, and I even tried installing KDE's dolphin, which worked flawlessly as well.I'll see what happens if I use an older version of gvfs-smb.
Hey there, did you try something like$ nautilus -g 1000x800This motivates nautilus to use new window geometry and therefore the it is regeneratied...EDIT: sorry, I did miss the last sentence, please modify topic title to "[SOLVED]..."