Apparently SSIDs can contain UTF-8 chars and also control characters etc. IIUC to contain UTF-8 chars they must specify the SSIDEncoding field. I was under the impression that I can only get ASCII bytes till now.
How should I handle the situation in Android ? Namely, how can I check the SSIDEncoding field from the ScanResult ? Do I need to ?
i want to take the control of keyboard from android OS and i just want to do or get the hexadecimal or ascii value of key pressed in key pressed even , like if i am writing in an edit text box and tab is pressed or any asci character that is not physically present in the keyboard (like 0x01 0x02 0x03 or starting chars) i want to get the value if that ascii instead on the function of that key hope
QT applications are deleting non-latin characters from ISO-8859 encoded files on my Gentoo system. Actually I'm trying to merge two German files with KDiff3 and P4Merge (making "Whlen" out of "Wählen"). Both tools don't display the Umlauts and when the file is saved, they also disappear in the file.
My window originally was 80 chars wide, and when I C-x 3 I have to windows both 40 chars wide. Is it possible that when you split the window it automatically widens the whole program so that both windows are 80 chars wide. I'm tired to resizing window every time.
The same applies to C-x 2 when I need two windows both 24 chars tall.
I'm trying to edit some files that were originally encoded in something like ISO-8859-15 (I'm not too sure). When the files are opened in Kate (13.8) on my Debian 7 box they display perfectly, with that encoding auto-selected. But when I open the same files using Kate (13.11.5) on my laptop with Kubuntu 13.10 installed, the non-ascii characters are replaced by an empty box character.