I want to have all apps start in maximized size. Is there a setting to Globally Set this for all apps under Gnome 3? If not how can one make individual apps open maximized?
on 07/23/2012 – Made popular on 07/23/2012
I'm using Audacious 3.2.1, on Gnome-Shell. However, everytime I open it, it starts not-maximized. Is there a way, like editing the command for the launcher in the Menu Editor, to make Audacious fire up maximized?
I am not sure if this is a Firefox, CentOS 6.5 or Gnome issue but here it goes...
I always use Firefox in a maximized window. At least it is always maximized when I exit the program and usually it starts maximized. On occasion - and I cannot reproduce this behavior at will - Firefox will start in a non-minimized window.
Chrome keeps opens up in a maximized windows while I prefer it to open in normal size.
No matter how many times I
resize it down it stays the same on new windows. I tried resizing the
windows then quitting Chrome, but still no luck. All other gtk apps
This is XUbuntu 14.10. I'm using fluxbox as my WM currently. It wasn't
like this before.
When using multiple displays in Ubuntu, If I try to maximize some applications while in the secondary display, the application will move to the primary display and then maximize. I just checked whether only the apps executed in the secondary display can be maximized in it. But its not true.
First when I opened Gedit in the primary display, I took it to the other display and maximized.
What is the easiest way in F20 to get rid of the Title Bars when I program is maximized because I could really use the extra vertical screen real estate if I can eliminate the Title Bar from apps when they are maximized.
I have two installations of Ubuntu 12.04 (One Desktop and one Netbook). They both have Unity and Gnome Shell. On the Desktop, the window buttons (close, maximize) show on windows that are maximized. On the Netbook the buttons only show on windows that are not maximized.
I am using CentOS 6.4 (Gnome desktop). I have a launcher for Thunderbird on the panel. For the entire time I have been running this configuration (about a year now) Thunderbird has always launched maximized. Today I added a new email account which uses an IMAP server. The other accounts use POP servers.