I have Ubuntu 12.04 using Broadcom BCM4313 and can't get it to successfully connect to my wifi. I'm sure the problem is not with my wifi since other devices are able to connect. It detects networks but whenever I try to connect, I only get "Connection Failed".
I checked my drivers, modules and blacklist but I'm not sure if there is something I'm missing.
well, I have been searching for two days now, and haven't found any solution to my problem.
SO, basically, here it is : I used to be able to connect to my home wifi without any problem. I had a WEP key. A few days ago I used Backtrack 5 on my computer (usb-boot) and tried to find MY wifi's key, because I wanted to test it.
my problem is the same with http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=BCM43227 and , i have no cable network Ethernet. how can i do. give me detail step and drivers download link..please..help me. moreover, i don't want HDD install.
please read the http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=BCM43227... its my big problem.....thanks.
I have a broadcom BCM43224 on my laptop and installed the broadcom-wl driver by following this guide:
However, I'm having some trouble with this. It is taking too long to connect to wifi.
From a cold boot, it would take fedora about 10 seconds to find available networks and another 10 seconds to connect to my saved network.
There's an unusual problem that I'm facing.
I have ubuntu 12.04 installed with Broadcom STA Wireless driver installed.
When I connect to wifi then other devices get ~1Mbps instead of 15Mbps. However, when I switch off my wifi or connect using ethernet cable, then other devices get desired ~15Mbps speed.
I also deactivated Broadcom STA Wireless driver and restarted the system, but it didn't help.
At first I installed 32bit ubuntu 12.10 & struggled much setting the WiFi by help of so many answer here then I thought to install 64bit as my system is of 64bit. At the installation time itself I couldn't find any WiFi name listed & I connect through wire.
Ok, I'm about at the end of my rope. I've tried everything from reinstalling my system to using the 'Broadcom STA' in restricted drivers (both before and after re-installing everything) to the ndiswrapper based solution found here: WIFI fix