Written by: Stuart Corner | Published in: NetworkingThe IEEE has approved a new version of the Wi-Fi standard - IEEE 802.11ad - for Wi-Fi operating at 60GHz, delivering throughput up to 7Gbps and able to seamlessly fallback to the current standard for Wi-Fi in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
Recently i had a rather large system update. After that i noticed slow downs in my internet and streaming a movie was impossible. When checking my wifi connection it turns out it makes a wifi connection at 54Mbps. But as soon as i start browsing, it drops down to 12Mpbs and 1Mbps. After trying chrome to make sure it was not opera specific, i was totally annoyed by chrome.
Is this normal for 3G? i have never tethered this phone before (using wifi tether for root users, no other app works probably because they don't use root priviledge) so i know i never hit any invisible cap, but my phone speeds while doing so according to speedtest.net and speakeasy's speed test site both report back a lousy .20-25mbps down and less than .10 up.
I have an Atrix 2 that running PA 2.5.4 , i use on operator called Pelephone that has support for up to 42Mbps ,and my Atrix 2 connect at only HSPA+ 14.4, while my mom's Galaxy S2 connects at 21.1Mbps without a problem (at the same area , so this isn't the problem) it seems weird that both of the phone has the same bands that are needed by the operator , and one connects at 21.1 and the other 14
There's an unusual problem that I'm facing.
I have ubuntu 12.04 installed with Broadcom STA Wireless driver installed.
When I connect to wifi then other devices get ~1Mbps instead of 15Mbps. However, when I switch off my wifi or connect using ethernet cable, then other devices get desired ~15Mbps speed.
I also deactivated Broadcom STA Wireless driver and restarted the system, but it didn't help.
Good day to all Archers,First off, what I'd like to accomplish (in case what I'm currently trying is not the best way):I have an HP Proliant server connected to my home network. This server runs programs such as ps3mediaserver, rssdler and rtorrent (all in screen sessions to easily manage with ssh).
Prior to this thread I have searched online for days:crying:.
My link speed when i connect to a router is normal , about 65mbps then after a moment it drops to 5mbps or even 1mbps. The download speeds are less than 100KBps.
Even when using wifi file transfers softwares like 'software data cable' the speed is very low , about 100KBps , which used to be 1-2 MBps.