6
Tumblr Debuts Its First Desktop App On The Mac App Storeview story

http://techcrunch.com –  On the heels of the release of Apple’s new Mac OS, OS X Yosemite, blogging platform Tumblr has just rolled out its first official desktop application with the launch of a Tumblr app for the Mac App Store. (IT news)

3
Google’s DeepMind Acqui-Hires Two AI Teams In The UK, Partners With Oxfordview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Earlier this year Google acquired DeepMind in the UK to expand the work that it is doing in artificial intelligence, and today the company announced that it is making some more significant moves to build this out even further. (IT news)

7
Hands-On With The Nexus 9 Tabletview story

http://techcrunch.com –  The Nexus 9 in a nutshell: it’s big, and it’s beautiful. I got to spend a few fleeting minutes with the device this afternoon, and though we plan to have a full review in the coming days, I thought I’d share my initial thoughts. Like the jump from Nexus 5 to Nexus 6, there’s a pretty huge spike in quality and build feel from the Nexus 7 to the Nexus 9. (IT news)

5
Zendesk CEO Mikkel Svane Reminds Startups That Luck Takes A Lot Of Workview story

http://techcrunch.com –  “Being lucky is just so much work,” Zendesk CEO Mikkel Svane told our co-editor Alexia Tsotsis during a fireside chat at TechCrunch Disrupt London today. As a startup, you always have to try to embrace luck, Svane argued when asked about what role luck plays in the life of a new company. (IT news)

4
iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay Now Available, Here’s What Else It Brings To Your iPhone And iPadview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Apple’s iOS 8.1 arrives today, and it brings with it some impressive new abilities. First and foremost, at least in terms of its long-term impact, is probably the introduction of Apple Pay, the new mobile payment solution built into iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and the new iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3. (IT news)

4
Luxe Aims To Solve San Franciscans’ Parking Woesview story

http://techcrunch.com –  The situation was already bad when I first moved to San Francisco with my Jeep Cherokee three years ago. The hills were enough with the clutch, but one too many times spent looking for parking for more than an hour in my own neighborhood and my once useful Utah snow vehicle was sold to a nice old man in the East Bay. (IT news)

3
#Gamergate Shows Tech Needs Far Better Algorithmsview story

http://techcrunch.com –  If Gamergate teaches us anything — beyond, of course, vastly obvious observations about the toxicity of certain Internet demographics (which is hardly new news) — it’s that algorithms and formulaic behaviour can and are being gamed. Read More (IT news)

4
Amazon Fire Phone Flopsview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Given that Amazon was tanking the price of the Fire Phone down to 99 cents two months after launch (leading to many a “Fire sale!” joke), this probably won’t come as much of a surprise: the Fire Phone isn’t a success. (IT news)

5
Andrei Cherny’s ‘Aspiration’ Brings The Investment Tools Of The 1% To The Other 99%view story

http://techcrunch.com –  At 39 years old, Andrey Cherny has advised presidents, consulted with Fortune 100 companies, worked as a state prosecutor, served as a Naval reserve officer, founded a think tank and policy journal, and written a couple of books. Now he’s adding entrepreneur to the list with the launch of Aspiration Partners LLC. Read More (IT news)

3
Google And Microsoft Battle For Market Cap Supremacyview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Update: Microsoft pulled it off, and at the time of writing (2:45 pm London, 9:45 am New York), Microsoft is worth more than Google. We’ll check back in at the end of the day: – Google and Microsoft are currently locked in a dogfight to be the second-most valuable technology company in the world. (IT news)

5
Big In Asia? Apple’s iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Finally Go On Sale In China And Indiaview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Today’s a big day for Apple in Asia. Fresh from launching new iPads and Macs in the US on Thursday, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus finally went on sale in China and India today, opening the new phones up to a combined population of more than 2.5 billion people. (IT news)

7
MicroBlink Launches PhotoMath To Solve Math Equations With A Phoneview story

http://techcrunch.com –  Imagine you are a 14-year-old kid again. You need to do this really difficult math exercise for tomorrow, but have no idea how to do it. What if you could just open an app on your phone, point your camera at your textbook, snap a picture and get the detailed instructions to solve your equation. This is exactly what PhotoMath does. (IT news)