If you found the official NVIDIA display driver which you downloaded and installed doesn’t work or work not perfectly,you may try my tips to re-install it:
1. Had you removed restricted NVIDIA driver which you installed from source before you installed official driver? If not,please remenber you must remove the restrited driver before installing official NVIDIA driver.
2. Before installing the NVIDIA display driver,you need to install these dependency: libc6-dev, gcc+,uild-essential pkg-config xserver-xorg-dev linux-headers-`uname -r`.if your OS is ubuntu,you can install them by running these commands:
sudo apt-get install libc6-dev
sudo apt-get install gcc+
sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config xserver-xorg-dev linux-headers-`uname -r`
3.Modifing /etc/default/linux-restricted-modules-common this file, to change section “DISABLED_MODULES="" to be DISABLED_MODULES="nv nvidia_new" .Don’t forget backup your /etc/X11/xorg.conf files before the modifing.
4. Don’t forget stop Gnome before installing the NAVIDIA Displayer driver for Linux.For Ubuntu,you can running below command to stop Gnome:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
5. We must use root permission to install the driver.
6. Extra,if you don’t like NAVIDIA logo shows at booting time ,you just need to add Option "NoLogo" within Section "Device" in XORG.CONF