Fedora 8 Test 2 was released .This test version's new features as below:
- Fedora 8 Test 2 features a 2.6.23 based kernel.
- PulseAudio is now installed and enabled by default. PulseAudio is an advanced sound server which is compatible with nearly all existing Linux sound systems and allows for hot-switching audio outputs, individual volume controls for each audio stream, networked audio, and more.
- A brand new graphical firewall configuration tool, system-config-firewall replaces system-config-securitylevel
- Iced Tea, Free and open source Java environment from Red Hat and others derived from OpenJDK as well as a browser plugin based on GCJ that takes advantage of Iced Tea is available and installed by default.
- Compiz Fusion, the compositing window manager from the remerge of Compiz and Beryl is installed by default. You can easily enable in GNOME via the desktop effects preference option. There is ongoing Xorg work to enable Compiz by default.
We now have a new look and feel for this release called Infinity from the Fedora Art team. This test release features GNOME 2.19.
- Nodoka, a fresh new GNOME theme created specially for Fedora is available in this release. KDE 3.5.7 is included in this release.
If you want get firsthand of Fedora 8 Test 2 you can download it from :
- Download Fedora 8 Test 2 (via BitTorrent)